Wed, Jan 24|
NSTU Office (#222)
PREPaRE Training (School-Based Trauma Response)
Are you interested in learning about how to support students after a crisis has occurred? This workshop provides school-based mental health professionals, teachers and staff with the knowledge necessary to meet the mental health needs of students and staff following school-associated crisis events.
Time & Location
Jan 24, 2024, 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
NSTU Office (#222), 9933 Lawler Ave, Skokie, IL 60077, USA
About the event
REGISTER HERE by December 6
- Dates: Wednesdays 1/24, 1/31, 2/07, 2/21
- Time: 4:00-7:00
- Location: 9933 Lawler Ave, # 222 (NSTU Office)
- Credits: 12 hours of NASP and ISBE approved credits
- Cost: The course is free, except for a $20 fee for materials (check payable to North Suburban Teachers Union)
- Questions: Contact Liz Lawrence (email@example.com)
Participants will be trained how to…
- prevent and prepare for psychological trauma;
- reaffirm the physical health of the school community and students’ perceptions that they are safe and secure;
- conduct psychological triage;
- respond to the psychological needs of the school community utilizing a multi-tiered approach; and
- examine the effectiveness of school crisis intervention and recovery efforts.
This workshop is an excellent course for all professionals in your district who provide mental health crisis intervention services, including mental health providers, teachers, school nurses, crisis team members and any school staff interested in crisis response.
The only cost for this training is a $20 materials fee. We are fortunate to have it taught by NSTU member Liz Lawrence (co-president of Niles Council of Teachers and Support Staff, D71). Liz is a Nationally Certified School Psychologist and NASP PREPaRE trainer. She has been providing PREPaRE trainings for ten years. She also leads her district mental health crisis response team.